5/9/10

For My Dear Mother

In quiet times of peaceful thoughts
In the evenings silent grasp
Who I am and where from I’ve come
Are questions that loom so vast?

Surely before, when at his feet
We queried with wide-eyed wonder
What will it be like, how will we survive
Who will be there if we should stumble?

Then after much thought, and a sigh of resign
Our father’s plan we began to discover
In his infinite love and concern for our souls
He would provide us a loving mother

A being so wise as to know our thoughts
Yet so humble as to never admit
With tenacity rivaling that of the ant
Who would never allow us to quit


And when we felt lost, or did doubt our own worth
She was quick, our quandary to turn
With a building word and reassuring voice
The worth of our souls we learned

“You can complete any task that you start
No undertaking will be lost to our reach
As long as the lord you rely on for help
No earthly force can, your efforts, impeach”

These teachings she gave and her spirit she lent
In fact her whole life she gave
And forsook her comforts and personal needs
As she struggled our souls to save.

So there at his feet, our father so wise
Granted us the power to win
The beautiful being of love and light
Our mother was given as kin

We must have cheered, and raised quite a fuss
In the glorious knowledge received
And yet in our father’s eyes we detected concern
A deep foreboding perceived

As we bid farewell and went forth to gain
Our second estate and the prize
Our heavenly mother and father looked on
With sorrowful tears in their eyes.





And turning aside to another they spoke
To the angelic caretaker of our souls
“Please guide them home and insure their path,
And guard against sins deadly hold

Remind them always, of me and their home
From where they must shortly take leave
Instill in them pride and knowledge of self
Born from deity’s own image cleaved

So that boldly they’ll stand, in the war raging there
And my cause they will proudly defend
This charge I pronounce, and this burden I give
Though I know it is much to command

But you are selected, for you I can trust
Your spirit and strength have no bound
And for all your time completing this task
If faithful and true you are found

Dominions and kingdoms and glory divine
Are waiting your possession to claim
And all that I am and all that I have
To you I will gladly bear sway

So mother to you I humbly give thanks
For being our mother alone
For bearing the pains of daily travail
In guiding us back to our home

How grateful I am to know of the truth
That with you forever we’ll dwell
And no earthly power or device of man
Can alter this truth that I tell

Thanks for the love, and the giving of self
That made me just what I am
A warrior of god, a defender of truth
And an heir to a kingdom grand

I love you mom.


Robert Jacob

No comments: